VeryLoudYouth is looking for talented youth to lead creative after school projects for children through our FLY Artist program. The FLY Fellowship is a 9-month development program for 17 – 25 year-olds who are writers and artists. The program recruits and trains talented, under resourced youth who in turn, advance the learning of younger youth.
Successful candidates to (1) run VeryLoudYouth literacy clubs for children in primary 4 – 6, or (2) design creative media campaigns with secondary school students and teachers.
Who is a FLY Fellow?
The FLY Fellow is a creative who meets the following criteria:
- Has a minimum of O-level
- Has at least a credit in both English language and English literature
- Is between 17 and 25 years old
- Has interest in education and community development
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Can commit to 9 months and at least 8 hours per week
The ideal FLY Fellow would master the following:
- Serve as a role model
- Recruit 12 – 15 elementary age students who will agree to a series of meetings and projects over one school year
- Facilitate group meetings (at a host school) at least once a week
- Communicate with parents as needed
- Engage in fellowships, research, training, & presentations
- Write weekly reports
- Keep your Program Coordinator informed on news/situations that affect club activities, and collaborate with other Ambassadors as necessary
- Celebrate your programs milestones and share relevant news each month throughout the school year
|To apply, write:
(1) a personal profile that describes why you are the best candidate for this program and your future goals, and (2) a thoughtful response to the following:
In your opinion, what are the characteristics of quality education?
Give details and use personal experience where necessary. Submit your personal profile and essay below or email responses in the body of an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If necessary, call [+234(0)803-270-1988] for assistance.
Applications accepted on a rolling basis.